Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Shop Search

[check out the bottom right of the blog...]

I've been flat out at work lately and haven't really had much time to play or do much in the way of fun stuff. If you follow my posts on G+, you'll see the odd tinkering here and there (not worthy of a blog post).

Anyhow...

I was looking for a quick way to find any electronic part I needed (Google! I hear you say... well, wait...) from a subset of all the suppliers on earth and I stumbled across Google Custom Search. It's an awesome little tool that allows you to list the sites that you want to search and then save the search in a chunk of code for your website.

Long story short, I've made a custom search for all of my preferred suppliers and attached it to the right panel of this blog (in pages on the right). Some of the suppliers are Australia-based. Some aren't. I'll probably adjust this in future, and it's mainly for my own personal benefit but everyone is free to use and abuse it.

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment